Admission Process HF ZUB
"The study program offered by Tanzwerk facilitates me to take those aspects I enjoy most in dancing into working as a professional dancer. It provides the space and time to develop a personal dance language and helps one to make the step to become a professional dancer. As a dancer, I am always seeking new ways to express myself. In combining different styles and dance cultures, one constantly gets to make new connections and approaches. These aspects are shaping one into a versatile dancer. They provide the chance to explore what possibilities one has in making a career as a dancer. It means a lot to me that there is a school that provides these aspects of dance. Hence I give my great thanks and appreciation to the teachers and the school. I am looking forward to continuing working and studying." Luis Filipe
- imagination of movements, creativity and rich expressive power in dance
- preparatory dance training in contemporary and/or urban dance on a high level as well as basic knowledge in classical ballet, modern dance or jazz dance
- curiosity for the different issues in creative processes as well as their instruction and procurance
The admission to the diploma program in dance requires a minimum age of eighteen years, a graduation from the secondary level II and a medical clearance certificate. The application for admission follows after a written request and the registration. It has to be received in HF Bühnentanz's office before the application deadline.
Please add to your application the following documents:
- a certified copy of graduation certificates
- personal data sheet with precise details about the past education path
- information about past study periods and examination results where appropriate
ADMISSION “SUR DOSSIER”
In case the required minimum age of eighteen years falls below, certain education degrees are nonexistent, but the applicant proves a high level of artistic and corporal talent, the school management retains the option to accept and to matriculate candidates “sur dossier”.
To be accepted for the study program at HF ZUB, one or more of the following conditions need to be full-filled:
- relevant professional graduation as stage dancer EFZ (EFZ= swiss certificate of competence) in the disciplines of classical or contemporary dance
- certificate secondary level II or any other equivalent graduation, which is accredited in Switzerland as well as the fulfilment of the qualification clarification
- a visible remarkable talent for performing on stage and excellent results
Registration for Video Audition
The audition process for applications for the study start August 21, 2023 is open. The audition points out the candidate's abilities in dance and its individual potential for development. Therefore, the videos should include the following elements:
Sequences from lessons in dance techniques
- Demonstrating Exercises in Contemporary/Modern Dance techniques, Ballet (barre), Jazz Dance.
- Demonstrating Sequences and Moves in Urban Dance Styles.
- If available, video excerpts from performances: solo or duo. The candidate must be clearly recognizable, if necessary with an explanation.
- Duration: 10 - 15 Minutes
- Demonstrating a personal, inspiring and self-created solo in the style of your choice preferably Contemporary/Modern Dance / Urban Dance / or Fusion/Experimental Mixed.
- Duration: 1,5 - 2,5 Minutes
The recordings should not be older than one year. If there are no suitable studio and performance recordings, video recordings can also be submitted in the rooms / surroundings currently available.
- Curriculum Vitae including dancing experience and eduction
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 DIN A4-pages)
- Photos: 1 Portrait photo and 1-2 dance photos (max. 9,5 MB)
- Certificates (School and Work)
- Recommendation letter
After the registration you will receive a confirmation letter by e-mail and further details on how to submit the videos to us.